The Journal of Food Composition and Analysis publishes manuscripts on the chemical composition of human foods, analytical methods, food composition data and studies on the statistics, use and distribution of such data.
Research areas include:
• New methods for the chemical analysis of food
• Nutrient, bioactive non-nutrient and anti-nutrient components in food
• Flavour and taste components in food.
• Food composition database development, management, and utilization
• Processes of development and selection of single-value entries for food composition tables
The Journal does not consider papers that feature as the major area of study:
- Non-specific assays, such as in-vitro antioxidant capacity and total phenolic content
- Clinical and pharmacological studies
- Natural medicines
- Physical properties of foods
- Food waste materials
- Foods formulated in the laboratory
- Microbiological and anti-microbial assays
- Sensory quality and organoleptic characteristics of foods