Synthetic Metals is a journal dealing with research on the physics, chemistry and applications of organic and carbon electronic materials such as electronic polymers and electronic molecular materials including novel carbon architectures.
Examples of materials within the scope of this journal are:
• conducting and semiconducting polymers and molecular materials
• fullerenes, carbon nanotubes, related novel carbon architectures and nanoelectromechanical systems (NEMS)
• supramolecular conjugated architectures
• nanoscale electronic molecular and electronic polymer materials
• organic charge-transfer compounds and metal chain compounds
• functional pi-conjugated systems
• organic-inorganic electroactive hybrids including perovksites
• molecular- and polymer-based magnets and ferroelectrics.
The journal publishes original research papers, short communications and reviews. Original research papers and short communications should present a significant advance in the understanding or application of these materials and/ or devices made from them. Experimental, theoretical and application papers on the chemistry, physics and engineering of these materials and their electrical, photonic and magnetic properties are encouraged for submission. Papers on electronic, optoelectronic, electroluminescent, lasing, solar cell, sensor, actuator, biological and other potential applications of these materials are also welcome.