Back to School Savings: Save up to 30% on print books and eBooks. No promo code needed.
Back to School Savings: Save up to 30%
The Handbook of Reliability, Maintenance, and System Safety through Mathematical Modeling
1st Edition - January 9, 2021
Editors: Amit Kumar, Mangey Ram
9 7 8 - 0 - 1 2 - 8 1 9 5 8 2 - 6
9 7 8 - 0 - 1 2 - 8 2 3 1 5 8 - 6
The Handbook of Reliability, Maintenance, and System Safety through Mathematical Modeling discusses the many factors affect reliability and performance, including engineering… Read more
Save 50% on book bundles
Immediately download your ebook while waiting for your print delivery. No promo code is needed.
The Handbook of Reliability, Maintenance, and System Safety through Mathematical Modeling discusses the many factors affect reliability and performance, including engineering design, materials, manufacturing, operations, maintenance, and many more. Reliability is one of the fundamental criteria in engineering systems design, with maintenance serving as a way to support reliability throughout a system’s life. Addressing these issues requires information, modeling, analysis and testing. Different techniques are proposed and implemented to help readers analyze various behavior measures (in terms of the functioning and performance) of systems.
Enables mathematicians to convert any process or system into a model that can be analyzed through a specific technique
Examines reliability and mathematical modeling in a variety of disciplines, unlike competitors which typically examine only one
Includes a table of contents with simple to complex examples, starting with basic models and then refining modeling approaches step-by-step
Undergraduates and graduate students worldwide in mathematics working on applications of mathematics to engineering problems; researchers, professionals, and scientists worldwide applying mathematics to engineering problems
1. Reliability Availability and Maintainability analysis of industrial systems based on Six Sigma approach
2. Impact of Degree of Hybridization on the Reliability and System Safety of Helicopter’s Traction Drive Based on Lz-transform Approach
3. General Forms of Bi-Variate Survival Functions with Reliability Applications
4. Reliability Analysis of Cutting System of Sugar Mill Industry using Intuitionistic fuzzy Lambda-Tau Approach
5. Game theoretic modelling and dependability analysis of small cell relays under bandwidth spoofing attack in 5G wireless communication network
6. Standbys Provisioning Machine Repair Problem with Unreliable Service and Vacation Interruption
7. Modeling Methods for Maintenance of a Steam Tube Plant by Estimating of Condensation Thermal Power Plant Condition
8. Qualitative Analysis in the Reliability Assessment of a Steam Turbine Plant within the Condensation Thermal Power Plant
9. Methods of Risk Modeling in Thermo-Energy Plants Turbine Plant within the Condensation Thermal Power Plant
10. Reliability Assessment Analysis of the Industrial System for Hygiene Paper Production with the Application of Technical Diagnostics
11. Reliability assessment of replaceable shuffle exchange network by using interval valued universal generating function
12. Reliability, MTTF and Sensitivity Evaluation of a Computer Network System Connected in Star Topology
13. Analysis of a system incorporating k-out-of-n structure with a warm standby redundancy: A reliability approach
No. of pages: 520
Published: January 9, 2021
Imprint: Academic Press
Paperback ISBN: 9780128195826
eBook ISBN: 9780128231586
Amit Kumar is working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Mathematics at Lovely Professional University, Punjab, India. He has done his Bachelors and Master’s form Choudhary Charan Singh University Meerut, India, in 2006 and 2009 respectively. In 2016 he completed his Doctorate in applied mathematics form Graphic Era University Uttarakhand, India, in the field of Reliability theory. He published 18 research papers in various esteemed international journals. He is a reviewer/editorial board member in many international journals. His fields of research are Operations Research, Reliability theory, Fuzzy Reliability, and System Engineering. He received the research appreciation award, for his research contribution, for the year 2017 from Lovely Professional University, Punjab, India.
Affiliations and expertise
Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar, Punjab, India
Prof. Mangey Ram received the Ph.D. degree major in Mathematics and minor in Computer Science from G. B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar, India. He has been a Faculty Member for around fourteen years and has taught several core courses in pure and applied mathematics at undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctorate levels. He is currently the Research Professor at Graphic Era (Deemed to be University), Dehradun, India & Visiting Professor at Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University, Saint Petersburg, Russia. Before joining the Graphic Era, he was a Deputy Manager (Probationary Officer) with Syndicate Bank for a short period.
Affiliations and expertise
Department of Mathematics; Computer Science and Engineering, Research Professor, Graphic Era (Deemed to be University), Dehradun, India