Back to School Savings: Save up to 30% on print books and eBooks. No promo code needed.
Back to School Savings: Save up to 30%
Strategic Industry-University Partnerships
Success-Factors from Innovative Companies
1st Edition - June 8, 2018
Editors: Lars Frølund, Max Riedel
9 7 8 - 0 - 1 2 - 8 1 0 9 8 9 - 2
9 7 8 - 0 - 1 2 - 8 1 1 0 0 1 - 0
Strategic Industry-University Partnerships: Success-Factors from Innovative Companies unveils insights of experts from leading companies on managing partnerships with… Read more
Save 50% on book bundles
Immediately download your ebook while waiting for your print delivery. No promo code is needed.
Strategic Industry-University Partnerships: Success-Factors from Innovative Companies unveils insights of experts from leading companies on managing partnerships with universities. Industry-university partnerships have proved vital to innovation, and although these partnerships can be challenging, careful choices and wise management around five success-factors leads to a systematic approach that unlocks value for both parties. University assessments of these partnerships have been widely described, but industry perspectives are less well understood. This volume captures observations of leading international corporations without omitting university views. It can serve all partners in alliances as a guide to strengthening their organizations.
Unveils insights of experts from BMW, DuPont, Ferrovial, IBM, Novo Nordisk, Rolls-Royce, Schlumberger, and Siemens
Presents the key challenges of university-industry collaboration and how world-leading companies tackle them
Describes the success-factors for working with universities, such as selecting focus areas, university partners and collaboration formats in a systematic way and having the right organizational support and evaluation criteria
Graduate students, university administrators, and professionals worldwide involved in university-commercial collaborations
1. Overlapping Broad Innovation Horizons With Business Relevance: How BMW Group Defines Topics for Strategic Collaborations
2. DuPont’s Global Collaboratory: Selecting University Partners Globally and How Does Industry Track University Relations for Success
3. Successful Pharmaceutical Innovation—How Novo Nordisk Matches Academic Collaboration Models to Business Objectives
4. Building Global Innovation Ecosystems though Public Private Partnerships: How IBM has Leveraged Academic Collaboration for 70+ Years
5. Rolls-Royce University Technology Centres—Relationships Matter
6. Siemens’ Centers of Knowledge Interchange
7. The New Criteria for Measuring the Success of Industry-University Relations—Insights from Schlumberger
Dr. Lars Frølund is a visiting fellow and research director at MIT. In 2005, he established one of the first units for university-industry collaboration in Denmark. He has since worked intensively to develop strategic collaborations between research and private companies.
Affiliations and expertise
MIT, United States
Dr. Max Riedel is senior consultant at Siemens Corporate Technology University Relations. His daily tasks include consulting Siemens businesses in all aspects of university cooperation, ranging from developing a partnering strategy over finding suitable research partners to fostering long-term strategic cooperation. He is also key account manager for two of Siemens’ Strategic Partner Universities.