Book sale: Save up to 25% on print and eBooks. No promo code needed.
Book sale: Save up to 25% on print and eBooks.
Safety and Reliability Modeling and Its Applications
1st Edition - August 12, 2021
Editors: Mangey Ram, Hoang Pham
9 7 8 - 0 - 1 2 - 8 2 3 3 2 3 - 8
9 7 8 - 0 - 1 2 - 8 2 3 3 2 4 - 5
Safety and Reliability Modeling and Its Applications combines work by leading researchers in engineering, statistics and mathematics who provide innovative methods and solutions… Read more
Save 50% on book bundles
Immediately download your ebook while waiting for your print delivery. No promo code is needed.
Safety and Reliability Modeling and Its Applications combines work by leading researchers in engineering, statistics and mathematics who provide innovative methods and solutions for this fast-moving field. Safety and reliability analysis is one of the most multidimensional topics in engineering today. Its rapid development has created many opportunities and challenges for both industrialists and academics, while also completely changing the global design and systems engineering environment. As more modeling tasks can now be undertaken within a computer environment using simulation and virtual reality technologies, this book helps readers understand the number and variety of research studies focusing on this important topic.
The book addresses these important recent developments, presenting new theoretical issues that were not previously presented in the literature, along with solutions to important practical problems and case studies that illustrate how to apply the methodology.
Uses case studies from industry practice to explain innovative solutions to real world safety and reliability problems
Addresses the full interdisciplinary range of topics that influence this complex field
Provides brief introductions to important concepts, including stochastic reliability and Bayesian methods
Students and researchers of engineering and applied maths interested in safety and reliability engineering. Advanced engineers working in industries including systems engineering, industrial engineering, and process engineering
1. Reliability analysis of asphalt pavements: Concepts and Applications
2. Markov modeling of multi-state systems with simultaneous component failures/repairs, using an extended concept of component importance
3. Reliability Analysis of Solar Array Drive Assembly by Dynamic Fault Tree
4. Reliability and Maintainability of Safety Instrumented System
5. Application of Markovian Models in Reliability and Availability Analysis: Advanced Topics
6. A Method of Vulnerability Analysis Based on Deep Learning for Open Source Software
7. Mathematical and Physical Reality of Reliability Function
8. Optimum Staggered Testing Strategy for 1- and 2-out-of-3 Redundant Safety Instrumented Systems
9. Modified Failure Modes and Effects Analysis Model for Critical and Complex Repairable Systems
10. Methodology to Select Human Reliability Analysis Technique for Repairable Systems
11. Operation risk assessment of the main fan installations of mines
12. Generalised renewal processes
13. Multi-response maintenance modeling using Desirability Function and Taguchi Methods
14. Signature-based reliability study of r-within-consecutive-k-out-of-n: F systems
15. Assessment of Fuzzy Reliability and Signature of Series-Parallel Multi-State System
No. of pages: 432
Published: August 12, 2021
Paperback ISBN: 9780128233238
eBook ISBN: 9780128233245
Prof. Mangey Ram received the Ph.D. degree major in Mathematics and minor in Computer Science from G. B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar, India. He has been a Faculty Member for around fourteen years and has taught several core courses in pure and applied mathematics at undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctorate levels. He is currently the Research Professor at Graphic Era (Deemed to be University), Dehradun, India & Visiting Professor at Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University, Saint Petersburg, Russia. Before joining the Graphic Era, he was a Deputy Manager (Probationary Officer) with Syndicate Bank for a short period.
Affiliations and expertise
Department of Mathematics; Computer Science and Engineering, Research Professor, Graphic Era (Deemed to be University), Dehradun, India
Dr. Hoang Pham is a Distinguished Professor and former Chairman (2007-2013) of the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering at Rutgers University, New Jersey. Before joining Rutgers, he was a Senior Engineering Specialist with the Idaho National Engineering Laboratory and Boeing Company. He received his Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering from the State University of New York at Buffalo. His research areas include reliability modeling of systems with competing risks and random environments, software reliability, and statistical inference.
He is the editor-in-chief of the International Journal of Reliability, Quality and Safety Engineering and an associate editor and editorial board member of several journals, and the editor of Springer Series in Reliability Engineering. His numerous awards include the 2009 IEEE Reliability Society Engineer of the Year Award. Dr. Pham is the author/coauthor of 7 books and has published over 190 journal articles, 100 conference papers, and edited 18 books including Springer Handbook in Engineering Statistics and Handbook in Reliability Engineering. He has delivered over 40 invited keynote and plenary speeches at many international conferences and institutions. He is a Fellow of the IEEE and IIE.
Affiliations and expertise
Head of the Department and Assistant Dean (International Affairs), Graphic Era University, India; Piscataway, USA