Holiday book sale: Save up to 30% on print and eBooks. No promo code needed.
Save up to 30% on print and eBooks.
Opto-mechanical Fiber Optic Sensors
Research, Technology, and Applications in Mechanical Sensing
1st Edition - January 20, 2018
Editor: Hamid Alemohammad
9 7 8 - 0 - 1 2 - 8 0 3 1 3 1 - 5
9 7 8 - 0 - 1 2 - 8 0 3 1 4 6 - 9
Opto-mechanical Fiber Optic Sensors: Research, Technology, and Applications in Mechanical Sensing offers comprehensive coverage of the theoretical aspects of fiber optic sensors… Read more
Save 50% on book bundles
Immediately download your ebook while waiting for your print delivery. No promo code is needed.
Opto-mechanical Fiber Optic Sensors: Research, Technology, and Applications in Mechanical Sensing offers comprehensive coverage of the theoretical aspects of fiber optic sensors (FOS), along with current and emerging applications in the mechanical, petroleum, biomedical, biomechanical, aerospace and automotive industries. Special attention is given to FOS applications in harsh environments. Due to recent technology advances, optical fibers have found uses in many industrial applications. Various sectors are major targets for FOS's capable of measuring mechanical parameters, such as pressure, stress, strain and temperature. Opto-mechanical FOS's offer unique advantages, including immunity to electromagnetic interference, high fidelity and signal-to-noise ratio, low-loss remote sensing and small size.
Provides current background information and fundamentals on fiber optic sensors technology
Covers a wide variety of established and emerging applications of FOS
Focuses on mechanical parameter measurement
Includes contributions from leading researchers and practitioners in their fields
Covers current methods of fabrication and packaging
R&D Engineers, Scientists, Application Engineers, University faculty members, postdoctoral fellows, and graduate students in Mechanical, O&G, Aerospace and Automotive Engineering
1. Opto-Mechanical Modeling of Fiber Bragg Grating Sensors
2. Superstructure Fiber Bragg Grating Sensors for Multiparameter Sensing
3. Flat-Cladding Fiber Bragg Grating Sensors for Large Strain Amplitude Fatigue Tests
4. Fiber Bragg Grating Strain Sensor for Microstructure In Situ Strain Measurement and Real-Time Failure Detection
5. Distributed Brillouin Sensing Using Polymer Optical Fibers
6. Femtosecond Laser-Inscribed Fiber Bragg Gratings for Sensing Applications.
7. Innovative Fiber Bragg Grating Sensors for Highly Demanding Applications: Considerations, Concepts, and Designs.
8. Fiber-Optic Sensors in the Oil and Gas Industry: Current and Future Applications
9. Aerospace Applications of Optical Fiber
10. Fiber Optical Sensors in Biomechanics
11. Fiber-Optic Sensors for Biomedical Applications
No. of pages: 358
Published: January 20, 2018
Paperback ISBN: 9780128031315
eBook ISBN: 9780128031469
Hamid Alemohammad, PhD, PEng is the co-founder and CEO at AOMS Technologies Inc. Dr. Alemohammad has PhD in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Waterloo in Canada. He has R&D and industrial experience in fiber optic sensors along with entrepreneurship experience in commercializing fiber optic sensors for harsh environments.