Holiday book sale: Save up to 30% on print and eBooks. No promo code needed.
Save up to 30% on print and eBooks.
Numerical Control: Part B
1st Edition, Volume 24 - February 20, 2023
Editors: Emmanuel Trélat, Enrique Zuazua
9 7 8 - 0 - 3 2 3 - 8 5 0 6 0 - 5
9 7 8 - 0 - 3 2 3 - 8 5 8 2 6 - 7
Numerical Control: Part B, Volume 24 in the Handbook of Numerical Analysis series, highlights new advances in the field, with this new volume presenting interesting chapters… Read more
Save 50% on book bundles
Immediately download your ebook while waiting for your print delivery. No promo code is needed.
Numerical Control: Part B, Volume 24 in the Handbook of Numerical Analysis series, highlights new advances in the field, with this new volume presenting interesting chapters written by an international board of authors. Chapters in this volume include Control problems in the coefficients and the domain for linear elliptic equations, Computational approaches for extremal geometric eigenvalue problems, Non-overlapping domain decomposition in space and time for PDE-constrained optimal control problems on networks, Feedback Control of Time-dependent Nonlinear PDEs with Applications in Fluid Dynamics, Stabilization of the Navier-Stokes equations - Theoretical and numerical aspects, Reconstruction algorithms based on Carleman estimates, and more.
Other sections cover Discrete time formulations as time discretization strategies in data assimilation, Back and forth iterations/Time reversal methods, Unbalanced Optimal Transport: from Theory to Numerics, An ADMM Approach to the Exact and Approximate Controllability of Parabolic Equations, Nonlocal balance laws -- an overview over recent results, Numerics and control of conservation laws, Numerical approaches for simulation and control of superconducting quantum circuits, and much more.
Provides the authority and expertise of leading contributors from an international board of authors
Presents the latest release in the Handbook of Numerical Analysis series
Updated release includes the latest information on Numerical Control
The targeted audience are mathematically trained research scientists and engineers with basic knowledge in numerical control systems.
1. Optimal design problems through the homogenization method Juan Casado-Díaz, Manuel Luna-Laynez, and Faustino Maestre
2. Structure-preserving numerical schemes for Hamiltonian dynamics Philippe Chartier and Erwan Faou
3. Relaxation methods for optimal switching control of PDE-dynamical systems Falk M. Hante
4. Feedback control of time-dependent nonlinear PDEs with applications in fluid dynamics Peter Benner and Michael Hinze
5. Computation of invariant sets for complex systems Benoît Legat and Raphaël M. Jungers
6. Nonlocal balance laws – an overview over recent results Alexander Keimer and Lukas Pflug
7. Nonoverlapping domain decomposition and virtual controls for optimal control problems of p-type on metric graphs Günter Leugering
8. Filtration techniques for the uniform controllability of semidiscrete hyperbolic equations Sorin Micu and Ionel Roventa
9. Discrete-time formulations as time discretization strategies in data assimilation Philippe Moireau
10. Approximation of exact controls for semilinear wave and heat equations through space-time methods Arnaud Münch
11. Computational approaches for extremal geometric eigenvalue problems Chiu-Yen Kao, Braxton Osting, and Edouard Oudet
12. Unbalanced Optimal Transport, from theory to numerics Thibault Séjourné, Gabriel Peyré, and François-Xavier Vialard
13. Numerics and control of conservation laws Michael Herty and Stefan Ulbrich
14. Extensions of ADMM for separable convex optimization problems with linear equality or inequality constraints Bingsheng He, Shengjie Xu, and Xiaoming Yuan
15. An algorithmic guide for finite-dimensional optimal control problems Jean-Baptiste Caillau, Roberto Ferretti, Emmanuel Trélat, and Hasnaa Zidani
No. of pages: 662
Published: February 20, 2023
Imprint: North Holland
Hardback ISBN: 9780323850605
eBook ISBN: 9780323858267
Emmanuel Trelat works at Sorbonne Universite in Laboratoire Jacques-Louis Lions, CNRS, Inria, equipe CAGE, Paris, France.