Back to School Savings: Save up to 30% on print books and eBooks. No promo code needed.
Back to School Savings: Save up to 30%
Current Issues in Energy
A Selection of Papers
1st Edition - January 1, 1979
Author: Chauncey Starr
9 7 8 - 1 - 4 8 3 1 - 8 8 6 4 - 5
Current Issues in Energy is a collection of essays that explains the role of energy in the evolution of society and creation of insights into the consequent problems of energy… Read more
Save 50% on book bundles
Immediately download your ebook while waiting for your print delivery. No promo code is needed.
Current Issues in Energy is a collection of essays that explains the role of energy in the evolution of society and creation of insights into the consequent problems of energy utilization. The book discusses the relationships between energy and its method of production, between energy and its economic products, and between energy and national warfare. The text gives a comprehensive account of the range of technological choices that could be made in the energy production. The analysis of the types of risk and how risk is accepted by society is explained in the book. The productions of energy through the exploration of solar sources are evaluated. Also covered in the book are the use of nuclear power and the spread of weapons. Inventions such as the laser, jet membrane, the process of plasma fusion-fission, and electron beam implosion are explained. The book can be a useful tool for physicists, electrical engineers, students, and researchers in the field of energy production.
About the Author
1. Risk-Benefit Analysis and Full Disclosure
2. Risk and Risk Acceptance by Society
3. Role of Solar Energy in Electric Power Generation
4. Nuclear Power and Weapons Proliferation—The Thin Link
5. Future Technological Options for the United States Electric Power Industry
6. Technical Innovation: The Answer to Resource Depletion
Energy Analysis and Planning
7. Energy and Society
8. Energy Use: An Interregional Analysis with Implications for International Comparisons