Back to School Savings: Save up to 30% on print books and eBooks. No promo code needed.
Back to School Savings: Save up to 30%
Advances in Agronomy
1st Edition - July 10, 2004
Editor: Donald L. Sparks
9 7 8 - 0 - 0 8 - 0 5 2 4 3 6 - 8
Advances in Agronomy continues to be recognized as a leading reference and a first-rate source of the latest research in agronomy. Major reviews deal with the current topics of… Read more
Save 50% on book bundles
Immediately download your ebook while waiting for your print delivery. No promo code is needed.
Advances in Agronomy continues to be recognized as a leading reference and a first-rate source of the latest research in agronomy. Major reviews deal with the current topics of interest to agronomists, as well as crop and soil scientists. As always, the subjects covered are varied and exemplary of the myriad subject matter dealt with by this long-running serial. Editor Donald Sparks, former president of the Soil Science Society of America and current president of the International Union of Soil Science, is the S. Hallock du Pont Chair of Plant and Soil Sciences at The University of Delaware. Volume 84 contains six excellent reviews that discuss topics critical to agricultural and environmental sustainability.
* Maintains the highest impact factor among serial publications in Agriculture * Presents timely reviews on important agronomy issues * Enjoys a long-standing reputation for excellence in the field
Professionals, researchers, and students involved in agronomy, crop & soil sciences, plant science, and environmental sciences
1. State of the Art on Soil-Related Geo-Medical Issues in the World -J. Deckers and E. Steinnes
2. Gaseous Emissions of Nitrogen From Grazed Pastures: Processes, Measurements and Modeling, Environmental Implications, and Mitigation -N. S. Bolan, S. Saggar, J. Luo, R. Bhandral and J. Singh
3. Modeling Cadmium Uptake and Accumulation in Plants -L. Tudoreanu and C. J. C. Phillips
4. Variable Charge Soils: Their Mineralogy, Chemistry and Management -N. P. Qafoku, E. Van Ranst, A. Noble and G. Baert
5. Understanding and Reducing Lodging in Cereals -P. M. Berry, M. Sterling, J. H. Spink, C. J. Baker, R. Sylvester-Bradley, S. J. Mooney, A. R. Tams and A. R. Ennos
6. Altering Fatty Acid Composition in Oil Seed Crops -J. W. Burton, J. F. Miller, B. A. Vick, R. Scarth and C. C. Holbrook
No. of pages: 332
Published: July 10, 2004
Imprint: Academic Press
eBook ISBN: 9780080524368
Donald L. Sparks
DONALD L. SPARKS is the Unidel S. Hallock du Pont Chair and Francis Alison Professor at the University of Delaware. He is internationally recognized for his research in the areas of kinetics of biogeochemical processes and surface chemistry of natural materials. His research has focused on fate and transport of trace metals in soil and water, soil remediation, water quality, and carbon sequestration in soils. Dr. Sparks is the author of two previous editions of Environmental Soil Chemistry and more than 350 refereed papers and book chapters. He is fellow of five scientific societies, and he has been the recipient of major awards and lectureships including the Geochemistry Medal from the American Chemical Society, the Liebig Medal from the International Union of Soil Sciences, the Einstein Professorship from the Chinese Academy of Sciences and the Philippe Duchaufour Medal from the European Geosciences Union. Dr. Sparks served as president of the Soil Science Society of America and the International Union of Soil Sciences, has served on advisory committees for several national laboratories and national and international centers and institutes, and served as chair of the U.S. National Academy of Sciences (NAS) Committee for Soil Sciences and other NAS Committees.
Affiliations and expertise
Director, Delaware Environmental Institute, University of Delaware, Newark, DE, USA