Back to School Savings: Save up to 30% on print books and eBooks. No promo code needed.
Back to School Savings: Save up to 30%
Progress in Aeronautical Sciences
1st Edition - September 23, 2014
Editors: D. Küchemann, P. Carrière, N. Rott
9 7 8 - 1 - 4 8 3 2 - 2 4 8 8 - 6
Progress in Aeronautical Sciences, Volume 9 presents the vibrational characteristics of certain aircraft. This book supplements the comprehensive account of matrix methods of… Read more
Save 50% on book bundles
Immediately download your ebook while waiting for your print delivery. No promo code is needed.
Progress in Aeronautical Sciences, Volume 9 presents the vibrational characteristics of certain aircraft. This book supplements the comprehensive account of matrix methods of structural analysis. Organized into five chapters, this volume begins with an overview of the different schemes of the numerical method of characteristics for calculating three-dimensional steady supersonic gas flow about bodies moving at incidence. This text then examines the flow of a perfect gas and provides the generalization for the case of equilibrium and non-equilibrium flow of real gas. Other chapters consider the various aspects of the aerodynamic design of aircraft and discuss the application of modern computer methods to fluid mechanics. This book discusses as well the prospects for further development of the existing types and for the establishment of the as yet hypothetical types of aircraft. The final chapter shows how the evolution of the aerodynamic shape leads to a complete spectrum of major types of aircraft. This book is a valuable resource for engineers.
1. Les Procédés Généraux de Mesure des Caractéristiques Vibratoires des Structures Linéaires Faiblement Amorties
2. Numerical Method of Characteristics for Three-Dimensional Supersonic Flows
3. Caractéristiques Thermiques des Couches Limites et Calcul Pratique des Transferts de Chaleur en Hypersonique
4. A Review of Fluid Mechanical and Related Problems in MHD Generators
5. An Analysis of Some Performance Aspects of Various Types of Aircraft Designed to Fly over Different Ranges at Different Speeds