Back to School Savings: Save up to 30% on print books and eBooks. No promo code needed.
Back to School Savings: Save up to 30%
Plant Endophytes and Secondary Metabolites
1st Edition - November 1, 2023
Editors: Dilfuza Egamberdieva, Javid A. Parray, Kakhramon Davranov
9 7 8 - 0 - 4 4 3 - 1 3 3 6 5 - 7
Plant Endophytes and Secondary Metabolites provides the latest insights into the essential roles of these beneficial elements in plant growth, development, stress tolerance, and… Read more
Save 50% on book bundles
Immediately download your ebook while waiting for your print delivery. No promo code is needed.
Plant Endophytes and Secondary Metabolites provides the latest insights into the essential roles of these beneficial elements in plant growth, development, stress tolerance, and plant protection from soil-borne disease. The book provides a comprehensive guide, addressing the usefulness and utility of endophytes towards enhancing plant tolerance to abiotic or biotic stress. It identifies biomolecules with unique molecular architectures, novel enzymes of industrial importance, and explores the ecology and community structure of endophytes associated with host plants and their potential. In addition, the book addresses the needs of researchers and advanced level students in agriculture, plant sciences, and biochemistry, seeking to elucidate on plant and soil microbiome sustainable ecosystem services.
Covers all characteristic features of endophytes
Considers all aspects surrounding the role of endophytes for ameliorating biotic and abiotic stress
Explores potential usage of endophytes for industrial applications from variable resources
Presents the scope and importance of endophytic nanotechnology
Researchers in plant science, agricultural science, environmental science, biochemistry and biotechnology, Advanced level students in plant, agricultural, environmental, biochemistry and biotechnology sciences
1. Plant endophytes: diversity, and ecology
2. Role of Soil Metagenomics in Plant-Microbe Interaction
3. Nitrogen-fixing Rhizobium-legume symbiosis in agroecosystems
4. Fungal endophytes and their role in sustainable agriculture
5. Plant associated Arbuscular Mycorrhizal Fungi: their role in plant nutrition
6. Mycorrhizal symbiosis response under pathogen attack in plants
7. Medicinal plant associated endophytic fungi and their metabolites
8. Endophytic actinomycetes: their role in plant and soil health
9. Production of secondary metabolites from endophytic actinomycetes isolated from marine mangrove plants
10. Influence of endophytes over plant growth and abiotic stress
11. Potential application of endophytes in bioremediation of heavy metals
12. Endophytic microbes: Secondary metabolite modulation pathway and stress management
13. Diversity of endophytes associated with Halophytes
14. Current Perspectives of Green Synthesis of Nanoparticles using endophytes
15. Phyllosphere endophytic bacteria: Diversity, and Biotechnological Potential
16. Crosstalk among metabolites and phytohormones from planta and endophytes
17. Natural therapeutics: Unexploited potential from Endophytes associated with medicinal plants
18. Technological intervention and research progress of fungal endophytes for mitigating the effect of droughts on plant growth
19. Biological control of plant pathogens by endophytes
No. of pages: 425
Published: November 1, 2023
Imprint: Academic Press
Paperback ISBN: 9780443133657
Dilfuza Egamberdieva is a research associate at the Centre of Agricultural Landscape Research, Germany and head of Joint Uzbek-China Key Lab of Ecobiomes of Arid Lands, National University of Uzbekistan. Her research interests include microbial ecology and diversity, plant-microbe interaction, plant nutrition and stress tolerance, and plant biological disease control. She has been awarded the SCOPUS-2019 Award “Top Scientist of the Year”, TWAS (The World Academy of Science) Award in Agricultural Sciences (2013), and TWAS-TWOWS-SCOPUS Young Women Research Award (2009), as well as several Fellowships such as President’s International Fellowship for Visiting Professors (PIFI), The Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), and the Georg Forster Research Fellowships, Alexander von Humboldt Foundation. She is a member of several journals’ editorial board, authored seven books published by Elsevier and Springer, and co-authored over 200 publications in per reviewed journals.
Affiliations and expertise
Land Use and Governance, Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF), Germany
Javid A. Parray
Javid A Parray is currently teaching at the Department of Environmental Science, GDC Eidgah, affiliated to Cluster University, Srinagar. His research interests include ecological and agricultural microbiology, climate change, microbial biotechnology, and environmental microbiomes.
Affiliations and expertise
Govt. Degree College, Eidgah, Srinagar, Department of Higher Education J&K Govt, Centre of Research for Development, University of Kashmir, India
Prof. Kakhramon Davranov is a Director of Institute of Microbiology, Uzbekistan Academy of Sciences. He is an expert on microbial physiology and biochemistry, and Lead a research laboratory on Microbial Biotechnology. He is also President of Uzbekistan Society of Microbiology. He authored or co-authored over 200 publications in national and International journals. He also authored several books related to Microbiology and Biotechnology, published by National Publisher in Uzbekistan.
Affiliations and expertise
Director of Institute of Microbiology, Uzbekistan Academy of Sciences, Tashkent, Uzbekistan