Back to School Savings: Save up to 30% on print books and eBooks. No promo code needed.
Back to School Savings: Save up to 30%
Quick Guide for Clinicians and Residents
1st Edition - November 13, 2017
Editor: Hemanshu Prabhakar
9 7 8 - 0 - 1 2 - 8 0 9 9 1 5 - 5
9 7 8 - 0 - 1 2 - 8 0 9 9 1 6 - 2
Neuromonitoring Techniques: Quick Guide for Clinicians and Residents provides a quick and easy guide to understanding various neuromonitoring equipment. Chapters include… Read more
Save 50% on book bundles
Immediately download your ebook while waiting for your print delivery. No promo code is needed.
Neuromonitoring Techniques: Quick Guide for Clinicians and Residents provides a quick and easy guide to understanding various neuromonitoring equipment. Chapters include intracranial pressure monitoring, EEG-based monitors, evoked potentials and transcranial doppler. This book is written for trainees, clinicians and researchers in the fields of neurosurgery, neurocritical care, neuroradiology, neuroanesthesia and neurology. As specialized neuromonitoring is now routinely done in neurosurgical cases, it provides an important resource for neurologists, neurophysiologists, anesthesiologists and residents who are expected to have theoretical and practical knowledge on different systems.
Each monitoring system is discussed separately, with examples, images, reference values and their interpretations.
Provides a quick and easy guide to understanding various neuromonitoring techniques
Presents information on each monitoring system, with examples, images, reference values and their interpretation
Useful for trainees, clinicians and researchers in the fields of neurosurgery, neurocritical care, neuroradiology, neuroanasthesia and neurology
Trainees, clinicians, and researchers in the fields of neurosurgery, neurocritical care, neuroanesthesia and neurology
Introduction to Neuromonitoring Techniques Hemanshu Prabhakar, Indu Kapoor and Charu Mahajan
1. Intracranial Pressure Monitoring Chiara Robba
2. Cerebral Blood Flow Monitoring Frank Rasulo, Basil Matta and Niccoló Varanini
4. Electroencaphalography-Based Monitors Gabriel Tran, Aline Defresne, Colette Franssen and Vincent Bonhomme
5. Transcranial Doppler Ultrasonography Deepak Sharma and Hemanshu Prabhakar
6. Evoked Response Monitoring Antoun Koht and Tod B. Sloan
7. Near Infrared Spectroscopy Andre Y. Denault, Ali M. Shaaban, Alexis Cournoyer, Aymen Benkreira and Tanya Mailhot
8. Brain Microdialysis Michael James and Marc McLawhorn
9. Brain Tissue Oxygenation Alexa Hollinger, Martin Siegemund, Nadine Cueni and Luzius Steiner
10. Cognitive Function Monitoring Anastasia Borozdina, Federico Bilotta and Lis Evered
11. Functional MRI Imaging Ramachandran Ramani
No. of pages: 370
Published: November 13, 2017
Imprint: Academic Press
Paperback ISBN: 9780128099155
eBook ISBN: 9780128099162
Hemanshu Prabhakar, MBBS, MD, PhD is currently working as a Professor in the Department of Neuroanaesthesiology and Critical Care at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. Dr. Prabhakar, having a research experience spanning over 20 years, is a member of various National and International societies. His extensive research in the field of neuroanaesthesia and critical care has been published in various national and international journals across the globe. Dr. Prabhakar is an eminent author and has various book titles to his name. He was featured in the Limca Book of Records 2019 for publishing several books on a niche subject.
Affiliations and expertise
Department of Neuroanaesthesiology and Critical Care, Neurosciences Center, AIIMS, New Delhi.