Back to School Savings: Save up to 30% on print books and eBooks. No promo code needed.
Back to School Savings: Save up to 30%
Genetics and Molecular Biology of Entomopathogenic Fungi
1st Edition - April 27, 2016
Editors: Brian Lovett, Raymond St. Leger
9 7 8 - 0 - 1 2 - 8 0 4 6 9 4 - 4
9 7 8 - 0 - 4 4 4 - 6 3 7 2 3 - 9
Advances in Genetics provides the latest information on the rapidly evolving field of genetics, presenting new medical breakthroughs that are occurring as a result of advances in… Read more
Save 50% on book bundles
Immediately download your ebook while waiting for your print delivery. No promo code is needed.
Advances in Genetics provides the latest information on the rapidly evolving field of genetics, presenting new medical breakthroughs that are occurring as a result of advances in our knowledge of the topic. The book continually publishes important reviews of the broadest interest to geneticists and their colleagues in affiliated disciplines, critically analyzing future directions,
This thematic volume focuses on the advances and the future potential of the rapidly growing field of entomopathogenic fungi. With a focus on the genetics and molecular biology behind the progress, techniques developed to study all aspects of these fungi will be highlighted, and topics will span from systematics of fungi to how a fungus infects an insect and how that insect responds.
Critically analyzes future directions for the study of clinical genetics
Written and edited by recognized leaders in the field
Presents new medical breakthroughs that are occurring as a result of advances in our knowledge of genetics
Molecular geneticists, clinical geneticists, neurologists, neuroscientists, molecular biologists, and biochemists.
Advances in Genetics, Volume 94
Chapter One. Diversity of Entomopathogenic Fungi: Which Groups Conquered the Insect Body?
2. The Major Groups of Entomopathogenic Fungi and Oomycetes
Chapter Two. Utilizing Genomics to Study Entomopathogenicity in the Fungal Phylum Entomophthoromycota: A Review of Current Genetic Resources
2. Genetic Tools Used for Phylogenetic Inference, Evolution, and Epizootiology
3. Host–Pathogen Interactions
4. Genome Characteristics
5. Insights to Be Gained From Entomophthoromycota Genomic Resources
Chapter Three. Advances in Genomics of Entomopathogenic Fungi
2. Evolutionary Relationships of Entomopathogenic Fungi
3. Evolution of Sex in Entomopathogenic Fungi
4. Evolution of Fungal Host Specificity
5. Protein Family Expansions and Contractions
6. Horizontal Gene Transfer
7. Conclusions and Future Perspectives
Chapter Four. Insect Pathogenic Fungi as Endophytes
2. Evolution of Endophytic Insect Pathogenic Fungi
3. Multifunctional Lifestyles
4. Relationship Between Insect Pathogen Genes and Endophytism
5. Application of Endophytic Insect Pathogenic Fungi