Holiday book sale: Save up to 30% on print and eBooks. No promo code needed.
Save up to 30% on print and eBooks.
A Mechanistic Approach to Medicines for Tuberculosis Nanotherapy
1st Edition - March 15, 2021
Editor: Mariappan Rajan
9 7 8 - 0 - 1 2 - 8 1 9 9 8 5 - 5
9 7 8 - 0 - 1 2 - 8 2 4 4 8 4 - 5
A Mechanistic Approach to Medicines for Tuberculosis Nanotherapy examines drug carrier development for controlled, targeted, pH and stimuli responsive drug releases for… Read more
Save 50% on book bundles
Immediately download your ebook while waiting for your print delivery. No promo code is needed.
A Mechanistic Approach to Medicines for Tuberculosis Nanotherapy examines drug carrier development for controlled, targeted, pH and stimuli responsive drug releases for tuberculosis. The book provides in-depth information about mycobacterium tuberculosis, tuberculosis formation, and synthetic procedures for carrier synthesis, characterizations and mechanistic approaches. Key topics include the properties and functions of nanomedicines and how they might be applied for clinical diagnosis and treatment. Emphasis is placed on the basic fundamentals, biomaterial formulations, design principles, fabrication techniques, and transitioning bench-to-bed clinical applications.
This book is useful for new researchers who focus on nanomedicine, stem cell therapy and bone tissue engineering. In addition, it introduces experienced researchers and clinicians to key trends, thus increasing their knowledge in drug discovery for tuberculosis and nanomedicine.
Features the most notable uses of drug for tuberculosis treatment, including novel advances in materials
Assesses new agents and chemical compounds against tuberculosis
Examines the interaction of new technologies to discover ways to treat tuberculosis more effectively and efficiently
Medical researchers, engineers, postdoc students, medical staff, and those in pharmaceutical companies
1. Basics of tuberculosis disease and Principles of treatment and their effects
2. The pulmonary administration route: Advantages and challenges
3. Alternative non-invasive routes of administration of nanomedicines against Tuberculosis
4. Approaches of designing nanocarriers for Tuberculosis drug delivery
5. Controlled Strategies towards the nanotherapy of tuberculosis
6. Tuberculosis disease targeted nanotherapy
7. pH, Thermo and stimuli responsive nanotherapy beside anti-tuberculosis drug delivery
8. Nanotheranostics management of Drug resistant tuberculosis
9. Nanomedicine for bone tuberculosis
10. Current approach of Stem Cell Medicine in Drug-Resistant Tuberculosis
11. Adjuvant nanoformulations for delivery of anti-tuberculosis vaccine patients
12. Sensors development for tuberculosis Detection
13. In-silico and computational approaches of inhibitor design
14. Inhibitors treatment against Tuberculosis treatment
15. Challenges and future perspectives
No. of pages: 326
Published: March 15, 2021
Imprint: Academic Press
Paperback ISBN: 9780128199855
eBook ISBN: 9780128244845
Mariappan Rajan is currently working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Natural Products Chemistry, School of Chemistry, Madurai Kamaraj University, India. He is an experienced researcher and is mainly interested in the development of biodegradable polymeric nanocarrier systems, nanogels, nanoparticles, nanocomposite scaffolds, bio-ceramic materials and mineral substituted scaffold for Tissue engineering, Drug Delivery and Wound Dressing applications.
Affiliations and expertise
Assistant Professor, Department of Natural Products Chemistry, School of Chemistry, Madurai Kamaraj University, India